Arnett Group is growing and you can too! We are looking to add two more dynamic technicians to our staff. In this role, you will single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via email) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
Job Location(s): Wisconsin
Employment Type: Full Time
Role and Responsibilities:
· Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs of our customers.
· Conduct research on desktop products in support of PC procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend products for purchase to our customers.
· Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs, desktop hardware and related products.
· Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
· Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
· Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to PC/laptops.
· Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
· Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
· Receive and respond to incoming calls, Team Support tickets, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems.
· Answer to and perform moves, adds, and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted by managers.
· Ensure that physical desktop connections between PCs and servers, etc. are in proper working order.
· Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
· Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
· Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, network cards, and other components and equipment.
· Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
· If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
Desktop Technician Skills and Qualifications:
· Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
· Excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components.
· Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
· Extensive equipment support experience with printers and fax machines.
· Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards, including Active Directory and DNS.
· Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
· Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
· Ability to use initiative to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment; able to solicit feedback
· Exceptional and effective interpersonal and communication skills to interact with clients, customers, partners and colleagues to troubleshoot and optimize performance
· Solid problem solving skills to proactively identify, define, and resolve problems and concerns
· Strong time management skills
· Excellent project management and organization skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, multitask, focus and meet tight deadlines
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
· College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2-3 year equivalent work experience.