Sr. Network Engineer:
Are you someone who thrives in a challenging environment ? Are you Looking for a growing company that will allow your talents and experience to shine ? Arnett Group is adding another Sr. Network Engineer to our staff . In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives.
Job Location(s): Milwaukee
Employment Type: Full Time
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all LAN/WAN equipment are available and functional at all times for the data center customers on a 24/7/365 basis including non-business hours.
- Support and manage Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Fortinet, and A10 routers, switches, firewalls, remote access, wireless, and other network devices.
- Provide preventative maintenance on network infrastructure.
- Develop best practices, operational procedures and design documentation for business continuity.
- Monitor and optimize network performance and assure network security in a high availability environment.
- Create redundant, reliable, scalable network with fault tolerance, performance tuning, real-time monitoring, data collection, and disaster recovery.
- Deploy, support and maintain MPLS, IPsec Tunnel, SSL VPN, Firewall, and DNS.
- Work with telecom providers to report, troubleshoot, and install WAN related issues.
- Enforce and execute user policies and procedures regarding the use of network resources.
- Conduct continuous process improvement and comply with change management control process.
- Provide capacity planning and hardware/software initiatives to management team.
- 6 years hands on experience in enterprise network related field.
- Preferred expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Active Directory and NetIQ (Identity and Access Management).
- Must possess a working knowledge of network security concepts (NTFS, authentication, Group Policy).
- Highly motivated and have strong customer focus with the ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced and dynamic environment while keeping a professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
- Strong network engineering background in a TCP/IP MPLS WAN environment.
- Requires the ability to sit at a desk and computer in a moderate noise level room for extended periods of time and must be able to lift 22 pounds.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently with general guidelines.
- Ability to comprehend and analyze problems then make judgment decisions and find solutions
- Ability to respond quickly in emergency situations.
- Strong network troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent organization, planning, documentation and communications skills.
- Must be able and willing to work on special projects off hours as well as provide emergency on-call service on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Occasional travel required for remote work needs, training, or seminars.
Are you looking for a technology challenge? A growing company? We are growing and looking for add two more technicians to our staff. The role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via email) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
Job Location(s): Wisconsin
Employment Type: Full Time
Role and Responsibilities:
· Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs of our customers.
· Conduct research on desktop products in support of PC procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend products for purchase to our customers.
· Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs, desktop hardware and related products.
· Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
· Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
· Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to PC/laptops.
· Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
· Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
· Receive and respond to incoming calls, Team Support tickets, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems.
· Answer to and perform moves, adds, and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted by managers.
· Ensure that physical desktop connections between PCs and servers, etc. are in proper working order.
· Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
· Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
· Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, network cards, and other components and equipment.
· Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
· If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.